Fibromyalgia sufferers wish they could shout out loud and for the whole world to hear: “I’m not lazy.”
Well today I will be the one to do it on behalf of each and every one of the people who carry this disease.
FIBROMYALGIA IS REAL
I’ll start by telling you WHAT IS FIBROMYALGIA:
- It is a REAL pathology
- It is a chronic disease , this means that once it appears it will never go away
- Today its origin is unknown . We do not know why it appears
- Its main symptom is generalized pain. Yes generalized !! you imagine?
- In addition to pain, it is accompanied by symptoms such as: alteration of the pattern and quality of sleep, intense fatigue, dullness (known as fibro fog), decreased libido (sexual desire), irritable bowel, bruxism, headache (headache), among much others
- Medical treatments are not very effective in controlling symptoms
And now WHAT IS NOT FIBROMYALGIA:
- It is not a mental illness , it is not a psychiatric pathology
- It is not an invention of the person who suffers it
- Although its symptoms may be aggravated by seasons, it is not a degenerative disease
- Does not decrease the life expectancy of those who suffer it
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LIVE WITH FIBROMYALGIA?
Imagine this ..
You just woke up , you think it is a beautiful day and great things are surely waiting for you. But suddenly as you wake up, everything starts to change.
You feel enormously tired, it seems that you had not slept at all throughout the night, you even feel more tired than when you went to bed.
Your body seems to be being crushed by an enormous weight that does not allow you to move with agility. The sheets feel like a crushing ember that brushes all over your skin.
Finally and with a lot of effort (and many times in silence so as not to bother anyone) you manage to start moving. You feel like a spiky soda can, every piece of your body hurts when you move it.
That’s how difficult that wonderful day becomes and so far you have only sat on the bed.
During the day the situation is not simpler.
It looks like you’re carrying a huge elephant, your joints squeak like rusty hinges, and your mind sometimes suffers from a dullness that makes it difficult for you to concentrate.
You know? All these difficulties would be more bearable if others knew and understood them, but contrary to this, most of the time you only hear ” you are very lazy “, ” all the time you complain “.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
If someone you love very much has told you that they have fibromyalgia, let me tell you that this is only part of what she is experiencing day after day.
Your support is and will be essential for their improvement.
What fibromyalgia sufferers long for the most is being understood and not being judged.
When you have fibromyalgia your body seems like a terribly uncomfortable and painful disguise to carry, surely with your help it will be easier.
I sincerely hope that after reading this article, you can get close to that person you love very much and who has fibromyalgia and say:
“Now I understand everything, now I know that you are not lazy, now I know what you are living and from today we will be together in this battle . “