What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is generally known as a painful condition in which a person feels pain throughout the body for long periods of time, often called syndrome, bringing clinical symptoms as well as various discomfort, sleep disturbances, depression, anxiety and pain, many with sensitivity in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.
A few years ago, the disease was diagnosed as many times as fibrositis that it is an inflammation of the muscles and was not taken very seriously when they are associated with emotional problems.
The science has come to the conclusion that fibromyalgia is a type of rheumatism in all the great sensitivity to pain that the patient can develop.
The causes of fibromyalgia are still unknown, but there are several factors that are often associated with this syndrome. Departure:
- Regulation of certain substances of the central nervous system – serotonin and norepinephrine
- The big bad psychological stress of today and also endocrine problems
- Genetics: Fibromyalgia is very recurrent in people of the same family, which can be an indicator that there are genetic mutations that can cause the syndrome
- Viral infections and autoimmune diseases may also be involved in the causes of fibromyalgia
- sleep disorders, physical inactivity, anxiety and depression can also be connected to the syndrome.
Doctors warn of certain risk factors that facilitate the emergence of fibromyalgia. Departure:
- the chances of increasing fibromyalgia Sleep Disorder
- Gender: The syndrome is more common among women than men, especially those between 20 and 50 years old
- Being in a very stressful environment or the vulnerability of stress
- A difficult childhood
- Family history: the disease is recurrent among members of the same family, indicating that there may be a genetic factor involved in the causes
The symptoms of fibromyalgia
Check the main symptoms of fibromyalgia:
- generalized pain: the pain associated with fibromyalgia is described as a constant current pain in various parts of the body that takes at least three months to spend
- Fatigue: People with this syndrome often wake up feeling tired, even though they slept for several hours. Sleep is also constantly interrupted because of pain, and many patients have other sleep-related problems such as apnea and insomnia
- Cognitive difficulties: For patients with fibromyalgia, it is more difficult to focus, pay attention and focus on activities that require mental effort
- headache or recurrent classical migraine, pelvic pain and abdominal pain with no identifiable cause (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- urinary symptoms, such as burning to urinate and need to go to the bathroom frequently
- Loss of libido, intense menstrual cramps, constant weight fluctuations
- Depression reaches about 70% of patients
- Reduced ability to exercise.
In search of medical help
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are very similar to the symptoms of other syndromes. Usually, it is done by a rheumatologist.
It is therefore important that, during the consultation, you:
- Describe all your symptoms and the intensity of the pain you feel
- Talk about medical issues that had in the past, as well as their parents
- Report all medications and supplements you are taking
Tell the doctor if you have trouble sleeping. He should also ask about the symptoms of depression and anxiety .
The diagnosis of fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is diagnosed clinically (through history of symptoms and physical examination). There are no laboratory tests that can make the diagnosis, but the doctor may ask for blood tests for other diseases with similar symptoms and characteristics, are scrapped among the possible diagnoses.
The treatment of fibromyalgia
the treatment of fibromyalgia is more effective when they are not united drugs and medical care. The goal is to prevent disability, reduce symptoms, and improve overall health.
Treatment may involve:
- exercise and fitness program.
- Stress relief methods, including massage techniques and relaxation of light
- cognitive-behavioral therapy.
There are several classes of drugs that are used in conjunction with non-drug therapy. The most commonly used drugs are centrally acting analgesics, including some antidepressant and antiepileptic drugs that have this analgesic action. Medications to improve sleep patterns and muscle relaxants are often used alone or in combination with pain medications.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an important part of treatment. With her, you will learn to:
- Deal with negative thoughts
- Keep a diary of your symptoms and pain
- Recognize what makes your symptoms worse
- Practical search for pleasant activities
- set limits.
Support groups can also be helpful.
Other recommendations include:
- Following a well-balanced diet
- avoid caffeine
- Maintaining a good rest routine to improve the quality of sleep
- Acupressão and acupuncture.
Severe cases of fibromyalgia can be referred to a pain clinic. The treatment usually takes a multidisciplinary team of rheumatologist, physiotherapist and psychologist or psychiatrist for a better diagnosis.
Hospital das Clinicas (physiotherapy) is an option to get medical treatment.
The lack of magnesium in the body – in meat, milk and dark green vegetables – can cause spasms in muscles and pain. Research indicates that women with fibromyalgia who consumed 300 mg per day of magnesium for eight weeks experienced less pain. “The right to evaluate the levels of magnesium in the body by blood test to see if it is the case of supplementation,” says Wilson Rondó, a specialist in orthomolecular medicine (MS).
Acupuncture has been shown to be an auxiliary treatment to help a lot of pain relief, although nothing has been scientifically proven.
Shiatsu is a Japanese massage that reduces generalized chronic pain, according to research physiotherapist Susan Yuan of the University of São Paulo (USP). After 16 treatment sessions were observed very positive effects on sleep. Shiatsu unlock the flow of vital energy, whose accumulation in areas of the body causes pain. This improves blood circulation, reduces muscle tension and releases natural painkillers.
Belly dancing is a sport that reduces pain and increases vitality, according to a survey presented by the Federal University of São Paulo (Unifesp). The 40 women who underwent two dance classes a week, for four months, they felt much more compared to 40 other patients who did the regular exercise. The explanation: the self – esteem was high, which reflects the general state of each.
Second study massage , Spanish researchers submitted patients to 90 minutes of myofascial massage for 20 weeks. Result: less pain and anxiety. In the process, the therapist is lengthening the muscle tissue that surrounds and is normally contracted the disease.
Yoga for women should be done daily for 20 to 40 minutes, less pain and fatigue resulting from fibromyalgia. The conclusion of the study led by James W. Carson Ph.D., of the Understanding Pain Center at Oregon Health & Science University (USA). Breathing techniques to induce relaxation and to prevent disturbances. Practical tai chi chuan is also valid: the postures and techniques of breathing body and mind work, which improves the quality of sleep and reduces the cycle of depression and pain. However, it is possible that either yoga or tai chi trigger movement pain on certain muscles. You have to undergo an evaluation with a therapist before.
Salon / Prognosis
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome with frequent long-term fluctuations in pain intensity. As a result of the treatment properly and taking care at home, the symptoms tend to improve. More importantly, with proper care, the person with fibromyalgia does not lose his or her functional ability.
At home, you can take steps to help treat and live better with the disease. See examples:
- Reduce daily stress
- Get enough sleep to be rested the next day
- Exercise regularly, which is very important.
- Keep a rhythm of life
- It is important to avoid alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine
- Preserve a healthy lifestyle.
There is a huge amount of different types of medications used to control the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Many of them have shown direct effectiveness in the central nervous system, and these antidepressants and anticonvulsant drugs. Drugs that act directly on pain and as anti-inflammatory analgesics, are less effective. They must be used in combination with antidepressants, which increases its effects against pain.
There are ways to prevent fibromyalgia.
O Specialist indicated
The specialist to make the diagnosis of fibromyalgia is the rheumatologist .
Women with fibromyalgia have had a tendency to depressed mood, and this feature is presented associated with socio-demographic and clinical factors, usually due to generalized state of pain that weakens the body and discourages the mind. How has the cure not been scientifically identified, since it is a disease that attacks not only physical, but often having early in mind, there are alternative treatments that have shown improvements in some cases.
Obs. It has been cited the names of drugs for the purpose of the question is to spend as much knowledge as possible on fibromyalgia and not medicate. If anyone has the above symptoms should seek rheumatologist why the diagnosis is possible only through a clinical investigation and often involving other specialists such as psychologists and physiotherapists .
Well, this is a problem that I can talk to you because I lived on the skin for a few years, I suffered too much, the pain was very intense and I got to vomit so hard that it was pain … it was like perfurassem needles all over my body. It all started after a period of great stress and sorrows experienced in separating my first marriage, which was abandoned after three months of 13-year-old relationship.
When I realized the pain, the limits that I lived … my son was almost 1 year old, could not work and have a normal life, did not know if the next day would not be pain or more pain … I was looking for doctors , differing opinions, the best specialists and a diagnosis. FIBROMYALGIA Just after months and months taking strong pain medication, some even with morphine … myorelaxant and I decided anti-inflammatory. No, I will not be hostage to this terrible disease, I am young and I want to live, I have to get up, take care of my son, he was my strength … and with great faith sought solutions. I have done several research and known stories of people who have managed to get rid of the pain. Doctors say is an incurable disease, but I prefer to believe that everything is possible when you have faith and began to create inner strength and go fight. My doctor was not in favor of weight training, thought I should stay with physiotherapy and gymnastics, but in my research, the best way to get pleasure substances neuroadrenalina , serotonina… working, pulling iron and running … and yes, so I started. At first he was very hard, I felt weak, there were days, I could not go, but with courage and determination, I could … after two years, I did not feel anything fighting anymore. Or pain or depression, or movement limitations … was free, my happiness was immense … because I had put on weight during pregnancy 30 pounds and eliminated all in bodybuilding. Of course, not everyone can get the same answer, all that serves me to serve you, but believe me: Our mind is capable of creating diseases, it is also able to find a cure. Do not be hijacked, free yourself from negative thoughts, punishments, people who hurt you and treat you … Today,
DETERMINATION FOR YOU AND YOU … We are RELEASE worthy of happiness!
kisses friends ..